Problem with xr-hyper, hypererf and htlatex
Philippe Spiesser
2017-11-22 14:28:54 UTC
Hello,

I'am using TeXLive 2017 with last updates and it seems that xr-hyper
produces errors when compiling the two examples above (It's the same
examples than somebody posted three or four years ago with the same
error messages) :

I run first, without errors
htlatex doc2
then
htlatex doc1
which produces next messages :
(./doc1.aux) (./doc2.xref)
! Argument of \xr:rEfLiNK has an extra }.
<inserted text>
\par
l.9 \begin{document}

at every instance of latex included in htlatex. When responding Q each
time, it seems that doc1.html is created and correct.

No problems whic pdflatex.

Here are the two examples :
Karl Berry
2017-11-22 23:12:44 UTC
Hi Philippe,

Subject: [tex-live] Problem with xr-hyper, hypererf and htlatex

Thanks for the report.

For the future, problems with tex4ht are better reported to
***@tug.org, or the bug tracker at
https://puszcza.gnu.org.ua/bugs/?group=tex4ht. But no need to do
anything further with this one. I sent it on to Michal. --thanks, karl.
Michal Hoftich
2017-11-23 19:14:09 UTC
Hi Philippe,

Quoting Philippe Spiesser (2017-11-22 15:28:54)
Post by Philippe Spiesser
I'am using TeXLive 2017 with last updates and it seems that xr-hyper
produces errors when compiling the two examples above (It's the same
examples than somebody posted three or four years ago with the same
This is indeed a tex4ht issue. The each type of references created using
\label command needs a special configuration when packages hyperref or
nameref are used. The `equation` environment misses this configuration
if amsmath package is not loaded in the document. This situation
happened in the doc2.tex file.

You can try to use the attached updated nameref.4ht configuration file.
Just place it to the directory with your documents. We will update
the tex4ht distribution in TeX Live if everything works correctly.

Best regards,
Michal
Philippe Spiesser
2017-11-23 21:45:59 UTC
Post by Philippe Spiesser
I'am using TeXLive 2017 with last updates and it seems that xr-hyper
produces errors when compiling the two examples above (It's the same
examples than somebody posted three or four years ago with the same
This is indeed a tex4ht issue. The each type of references created using
\label command needs a special configuration when packages hyperref or
nameref are used. The `equation` environment misses this configuration
if amsmath package is not loaded in the document. This situation
happened in the doc2.tex file.
You can try to use the attached updated nameref.4ht configuration file.
Just place it to the directory with your documents. We will update
the tex4ht distribution in TeX Live if everything works correctly.
Best regards,
Michal
Thank you for your response. I test my examples with the new nameref.4ht
and everything seems OK.

Best regards,
--
Philippe