Error message about luatex.dll when installing TeX Live using install-tl-windows.bat
Yihui Xie
2017-12-05 04:22:23 UTC
Hi,

When I try to install TeX Live on Windows using the batch file
install-tl-windows.bat (from install-tl.zip), an error dialog like
this will pop up twice:
This program (fmutil-sys.exe and updmap-sys.exe) can't start because luatex.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
I'm using the automated installation:

install-tl-windows.bat -profile=texlive.profile

and here is the content of texlive.profile:

selected_scheme scheme-infraonly
TEXDIR ./texlive/
TEXMFSYSCONFIG ./texlive/texmf-config
TEXMFLOCAL ./texlive/texmf-local
TEXMFSYSVAR ./texlive/texmf-var
portable 1

The problem only occurs when I use the infraonly scheme on Windows.
Other schemes or operating systems don't have this problem.

I wonder if it is a bug of the Windows installer. Thanks!

Regards,
Yihui
--
https://yihui.name