Problem 'runscript.dll'
Victor Krym
2017-11-14 20:36:59 UTC
Hello!

I install TexLive for Windows and I always get the same error that runscript.dll not found (when I run latex.exe and other utilities).
When I consulted Internet I got advice to run tlmgr.exe to update installation but this program is not included in your package.

Victor
Philip TAYLOR
2017-11-14 21:05:25 UTC
Should be found in (your equivalent of) D:\TeX\Live\2017\bin\win32
Philip Taylor
--------
--
<Signature>
Philip Taylor
Siep Kroonenberg
2017-11-15 09:41:16 UTC
Post by Philip TAYLOR
Should be found in (your equivalent of) D:\TeX\Live\2017\bin\win32
Philip Taylor
latex.exe and runscript.dll should both be in the bin/win32
subdirectory of the root of your installation.

What happens if you run latex from the command-line? Please try to
copy-and-paste the output instead of sending a screenshot.
Siep Kroonenberg
Siep Kroonenberg
2017-11-16 10:06:01 UTC
Hello, Siep!
TeXLive started to work after reinstallation. Yet it does not recognize
Russian characters.
What is the correct header? I use
\documentclass[12pt,a4paper]{article}
\usepackage[cp1251]{inputenc}
\usepackage[russian]{babel}
\usepackage{amsmath,amssymb}
\usepackage{graphicx}
I am no expert in cyrillic typesetting, but see e.g.

https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/816/cyrillic-in-latex
Siep Kroonenberg
Zdenek Wagner
2017-11-16 10:24:09 UTC
Post by Siep Kroonenberg
Hello, Siep!
TeXLive started to work after reinstallation. Yet it does not recognize
Russian characters.
What is the correct header? I use
\documentclass[12pt,a4paper]{article}
\usepackage[cp1251]{inputenc}
\usepackage[russian]{babel}
\usepackage{amsmath,amssymb}
\usepackage{graphicx}
I am no expert in cyrillic typesetting, but see e.g.
https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/816/cyrillic-in-latex
It strongly depends on your environment, you must know what is the input
encoding. If the decision is up to you, I would stronly suggest to use
either XeLaTeX or LuaLaTeX with input un UTF-8, fonts selected by the
fontenc package and I would prefer polyglossia to babel. I wrote an article
in Hindi with short texts in several languages. It used \usepackage{style}
and my style.sty contained:

\RequirePackage{fontspec,polyglossia,zwtools,zwpoetry}
\setdefaultlanguage{hindi}
\setotherlanguages{czech,english,greek,russian}
\setmainfont[Ligatures=TeX,Scale=1.1]{TeX Gyre Pagella}
\newfontfamily\hindifont[Script=Devanagari,Mapping=devanagarinumerals]{FreeSans}
\newfontfamily\greekfont[Scale=1.25]{EB Garamond}
\newfontfamily\russianfont[Scale=1.25]{EB Garamond}
Post by Siep Kroonenberg
--
Siep Kroonenberg
Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz
Martin Sievers
2017-11-16 10:40:52 UTC
Post by Siep Kroonenberg
Hello, Siep!
TeXLive started to work after reinstallation. Yet it does not recognize
Russian characters.
What is the correct header? I use
\documentclass[12pt,a4paper]{article}
\usepackage[cp1251]{inputenc}
\usepackage[russian]{babel}
\usepackage{amsmath,amssymb}
\usepackage{graphicx}
I am no expert in cyrillic typesetting, but see e.g.
https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/816/cyrillic-in-latex
Dear Siep,

as suggested in the answer at the above url, you could use:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[T2A,T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage[russian,english]{babel}

\begin{document}

Text in English

\begin{otherlanguage*}{russian}
Текст на русском языке
\end{otherlanguage*}

A word and another \foreignlanguage{russian}{слово}

\end{document}

Best regards
Martin