About repository option in tlmgr
Add Reply
Angelo Graziosi
2018-04-01 14:48:58 UTC
I can access a local computer (a MBP) by means of SSH from a GNU/Linux machine:

ssh ***@mbp

This MBP has a local mirror of a TL repo: /Users/utente/tlrepo.

I tried to update the GNU/Linux installation of TL with:

tlmgr --repository ***@mbp:tlrepo update --list

but it fails:

Cannot determine type of tlpdb from /home/utente/***@mbp:tlrepo!
tlmgr: Cannot load TeX Live database from /home/utente/***@mbp:tlrepo

(With the same result, I also tried: tlmgr --repository ***@mbp:/Users/utente/tlrepo update --list)

So, is there a way to do the job or "tlmgr --repository" doesn't support this definitively?

Thanks,
Angelo.
Norbert Preining
2018-04-01 14:59:43 UTC
Hi Angelo,
Not supported, sorry. We only support http(s) and ftp.
I had partial support for rsync, but this here requires ssh.
I am not sure I want to support this.

Use sshfs (fuse) and install from a local directory. This is the better
option.

Best

Norbert

--
PREINING Norbert http://www.preining.info
Accelia Inc. + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Developer