[Tex Live] Not updating on portable drive
Joe Ciras
2017-10-30 12:43:45 UTC
I have Tex Live on a portable drive and on my Windows 10 computer.

I can update Tex Live on my computer but when I try to update it on my thumb
drive I receive a not updates available message.

Is there a fix to this other than a reinstall on my thumb drive.

Thank you.

Joe

Joseph Ciras | Owner/Mechanical Engineer

Joseph R Ciras Project Assistance Services

Westminster, MA

(978) 502-8997

<http://www.josephrciraspas.com/> www.josephrciraspas.com

"Qui non est hodie cras minus aptus erit." Ovid

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

This email, together with any attachments, is confidential. It may be
legally privileged, and is for the intended recipient only. Access,
disclosure, copying, or distribution of it by anyone else is prohibited and
may be a criminal offense. Please delete if obtained in error; and email a
notification to the sender.
Norbert Preining
2017-10-30 14:09:01 UTC
Post by Joe Ciras
I can update Tex Live on my computer but when I try to update it on my thumb
drive I receive a not updates available message.
What does
tlmgr repository
say?

Norbert

--
PREINING Norbert http://www.preining.info
Accelia Inc. + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Developer
GPG: 0x860CDC13 fp: F7D8 A928 26E3 16A1 9FA0 ACF0 6CAC A448 860C DC13
Joe Ciras
2017-10-30 15:29:57 UTC
Would that be in the log? I will see.

⁣Thank you.
Joe
978.502.8997

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone ​
Norbert Preining
2017-10-30 23:45:54 UTC
Post by Joe Ciras
Would that be in the log? I will see.
No, on the command line. Please open a CMD terminal (or Powershell) and
type in
tlmgr repository
and send the output.

Norbert

Norbert Preining
2017-10-31 00:36:13 UTC
http://mirror.jmu.edu/pub/CTAN/systems/texlive/tlnet (not verified: unknown)
I get 404 on that, that is probably a bad mirror.

On the drive do:
tlmgr option repository http://mirror.hmc.edu/ctan/systems/texlive/tlnet
and that should be enough.

Norbert