TeXLive 2018: lua(tex)(52) or lua(tex)53
Dr. Werner Fink
2018-04-13 11:29:14 UTC
Just build the full tree including biber 2.11 and have some left
over binaries not mention in texlive.tlpdb.xz

[ 1222s] error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
[ 1222s] /usr/bin/axohelp
[ 1222s] /usr/bin/l3build
[ 1222s] /usr/bin/luatex53
[ 1222s] /usr/bin/tex2aspc
[ 1222s] /usr/bin/texlua53

Werner
2018-04-13 21:17:55 UTC
Hi Werner,

over binaries not mention in texlive.tlpdb.xz
From where did you get this texlive.tlpdb.xz? Those binaries are all
included in the texlive.tlpdb that's in the pretest directory, as far as
I can see. (And they are in the original *.tlpsrc files that ultimately
create texlive.tlpdb.) --best, karl.
Dr. Werner Fink
2018-04-16 08:32:11 UTC
Post by Karl Berry
Hi Werner,
over binaries not mention in texlive.tlpdb.xz
From where did you get this texlive.tlpdb.xz? Those binaries are all
included in the texlive.tlpdb that's in the pretest directory, as far as
I can see. (And they are in the original *.tlpsrc files that ultimately
create texlive.tlpdb.) --best, karl.
Switch over latest tlpretest ... nevertheless there seems to be no source
tree (AFAICS) ... therefore I'm using rsync with tug.org::tldevsrc/Build/source/
but I do not know if this belongs to current texlive.tlpdb.xz

Werner
Norbert Preining
2018-04-16 15:36:50 UTC
Hallo Werner,
Post by Dr. Werner Fink
Switch over latest tlpretest ... nevertheless there seems to be no source
tree (AFAICS) ...
Yes, tlnet/tlpretest does NOT contain the sources of the binaries.
Post by Dr. Werner Fink
therefore I'm using rsync with tug.org::tldevsrc/Build/source/
Which is the correct process.
Post by Dr. Werner Fink
but I do not know if this belongs to current texlive.tlpdb.xz
That depends mostly on when our builders have provided binaries.
I guess that all of the binaries now in TL tlpretest, and thus in the
texlive.tlpdb) are built after the last source changes.

In any case, as a distributor (SuSE) what you are, you should build your
own binaries and add a proper prefix by adding
--with-banner-add=/SuSE (or similar)
and most likely also
--disable-native-texlive-build
The set of binaries you then get in inst/bin/* can be used as is, and
are with 99% based on the same sources with the binaries we distribute
in TL ourselves.

Does that help?

All the best

Norbert

--
PREINING Norbert http://www.preining.info
Accelia Inc. + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Developer