[tex-live] texdoc palatino
jfbu
2018-03-30 07:33:25 UTC

$ texdoc -l palatino
1 /usr/local/texlive/2018/texmf-dist/doc/latex/substitutefont/greek-palatino-didot.pdf
Enter number of file to view, RET to view 1, anything else to skip:

result isn't quite expected.

I know I should have done texdoc psnfss or texdoc psnfss2e but
people not familiar with this and being handed over a legacy file
using palatino package will have a problem. Assuming they know
texdoc...

Best

Jean-François
jfbu
2018-03-30 09:16:17 UTC
Hi

as was suggested to me off-list (with a workaournd using alias in texdoc.cnf)

I have raised the issue at github repo

https://github.com/TeX-Live/texdoc/issues/1

Best

Jean-François
Hi,
Jean-François
朝倉卓人
2018-03-30 08:08:43 UTC
Hello Jean-François,

the easiest way to fix that behavior is to use alias.
In concrete, please write
alias palatino = psnfss2e
on your texdoc.cnf (you can get recommended file location with `texdoc -f`).

This can be done in personal texdoc.cnf by each end-user, of course,
but if it seems really important we can provide the alias in the
official texdoc.cnf.

In that case, could you please report that on texdoc mailing list or
create an issue on TeX-Live/tecdoc repository on GitHub?

- https://github.com/TeX-Live/texdoc <https://github.com/TeX-Live/texdoc>

Thanks,
Takuto Asakura