texlive not installing on unstable
Jean Eid
2017-10-01 15:44:27 UTC
Hello,

I have been dealing with this for a week now to no avail. After a dist-upgrade, texlive gets stuck in its installation and I cannot even kill the process. It gets stuck on building formats:

Setting up tex-common (6.09) ...
Running mktexlsr. This may take some time... done.
Running updmap-sys. This may take some time... done.
Running mktexlsr /var/lib/texmf ... done.
Building format(s) --all.
This may take some time...

I left it for couple of days but it still did not finish (4.12.0-2-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.12.13-1 (2017-09-19) x86_64 GNU/Linux)
I did purge and remove all old packages and directories to deal with latex, tex, auctex, etc ... and tried to do a fresh install but was faced with the same issue. I did also try to downgrade to testing and had the same issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Jean

Norbert Preining
2017-10-01 23:21:16 UTC
Hi Jean,

you are trying to install the Debian variant, this list is only for
upstream original TeX Live.

I will answer you in another email an move the discussion to the
Debian TeX mailing list.

Norbert
Post by Jean Eid
Setting up tex-common (6.09) ...
Running mktexlsr. This may take some time... done.
Running updmap-sys. This may take some time... done.
Running mktexlsr /var/lib/texmf ... done.
Building format(s) --all.
This may take some time...
--
PREINING Norbert http://www.preining.info
Accelia Inc. + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Developer