latex packages
Add Reply
SABO, BRYTON C CTR USAF AFMC AEDC/TSD
2018-11-19 18:32:58 UTC
Hello there,

Our red hat repository doesn't contain the following packages for latex:
Adjustbox
Collectbox
Ucs
Tabu

Is there any way to get these four packages.

Thanks,

Cage Sabo
Linux/Unix Systems Administrator
454-4438
Arnold AFB, TN 37389
Colin Baxter
2018-11-19 19:36:59 UTC

1. https://ctan.org/pkg/adjustbox
2. https://ctan.org/pkg/collectbox
3. https://ctan.org/pkg/ucs
4. https://ctan.org/pkg/tabu

Any good?
Norbert Preining
2018-11-19 23:58:29 UTC
Hi,
Unfortunately it seems the TeX Live on Fedora/Red Hat is dead. Nobody is
caring for it, the latest version is 2012 or so, and it is declared as
orphaned.
Post by SABO, BRYTON C CTR USAF AFMC AEDC/TSD
Adjustbox
Collectbox
Ucs
Tabu
In this case, I recommend installing TeX Live from TUG, please see
http://tug.org/texlive/
http://tug.org/texlive/quickinstall.html

All the best

Norbert

--
PREINING Norbert http://www.preining.info
Accelia Inc. + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Developer
GPG: 0x860CDC13 fp: F7D8 A928 26E3 16A1 9FA0 ACF0 6CAC A448 860C DC13
Vladimir Lomov
2018-11-20 02:57:13 UTC
Hello,
Post by Norbert Preining
Hi,
Unfortunately it seems the TeX Live on Fedora/Red Hat is dead. Nobody is
caring for it, the latest version is 2012 or so, and it is declared as
orphaned.
Not sure (it is rather harder to find information on-line abot Fedora/RH
packages than Debian/Ubuntu ones)
https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/texlive/overview/
https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/texlive-base
suggests that Fedora ships more or less "fresh" texlive.
Post by Norbert Preining
Post by SABO, BRYTON C CTR USAF AFMC AEDC/TSD
Adjustbox
Collectbox
Ucs
Tabu
Here on Archlinux these packages can be found in package
'texlive-latexextra' but on Fedora these are
https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/texlive-adjustbox
https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/texlive-collectbox
https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/texlive-tabu
https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/texlive-ucs
Post by Norbert Preining
In this case, I recommend installing TeX Live from TUG, please see
http://tug.org/texlive/
http://tug.org/texlive/quickinstall.html
I'm second on this.
Post by Norbert Preining
All the best
Norbert
--
PREINING Norbert http://www.preining.info
Accelia Inc. + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Developer
GPG: 0x860CDC13 fp: F7D8 A928 26E3 16A1 9FA0 ACF0 6CAC A448 860C DC13
---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov
--
<Teknix> our local telco has admitted that someone "backed into a
button on a switch" and took the entire ATM network down
off" swtich is on the back
Norbert Preining
2018-11-20 03:21:12 UTC
Post by Vladimir Lomov
https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/texlive-base
suggests that Fedora ships more or less "fresh" texlive.
INdeed, but that is hard to find. I searched for Fedora and TeX Live and
texlive and got only rubbish .. very strange.
Post by Vladimir Lomov
https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/texlive-adjustbox
https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/texlive-collectbox
https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/texlive-tabu
https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/texlive-ucs
Then these need to be installed.

Thanks for the information

Norbert

Zdenek Wagner
2018-11-20 07:33:10 UTC
Hi all,

I have Fedora 28 (released in May 2018, I had no time to upgrade to the
latest stable 29 released a month ago) and it seems to have TL 2017. I use
TL from TUG, TL from Fedora is installed due to dependencies and because
the disks are large nowadays and I know how to set PATH, I do not care.

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz