biber (2.6) and biblatex (3.10) incompatible
Christian Stadelmann
2018-02-10 11:33:56 UTC
I'm sorry for the noise. I got my Fedora TexLive installation (shipping
biber 2.6) and the texlive 2017 installation (with biblatex 3.10) mixed
up. After installing biber from tlmgr, everything works fine.
--
Regards
Chris
Joseph Wright
2018-02-10 14:10:01 UTC
Dear all,
currently, when installing texlive through tlmgr, it will install biber
2.6 and biblatex 3.10, which are incompatible. As a result, any run of
INFO - This is Biber 2.6
INFO - Logfile is 'outdir/Thesis.blg'
INFO - Reading 'outdir/Thesis.bcf'
ERROR - Error: Found biblatex control file version 3.4, expected
version 3.2.
This means that your biber (2.6) and biblatex (3.10) versions are
incompatible.
See compat matrix in biblatex or biber PDF documentation.
INFO - ERRORS: 1
This issue has been raised before (in November 2017, see [1]). At that
time, there were issues with biber/biblatex, which resulted in an
update being redrawn. These bugs are now fixed, as the MiKTeX builds
work fine.
There was an issue with tex4ht (in the same thread), but I am not sure
it is fixed. There was no update to tex4ht at least. On the other hand,
tex4ht hasn't seen an update for years and the base has moved a bit.
From a web search it seems like there are several fixups needed to make
tex4ht work with modern tex packages anyway, so I doubt this can be
fixed from the texlive side.
Are there any plans to update biber to a version compatible with
biblatex?
[1] https://tug.org/pipermail/tex-live/2017-November/040776.html
Something must be up with the server you are using: my TeX Live system
has Biber 2.10 as expected.

Joseph
Karl Berry
2018-02-10 22:28:36 UTC
Regarding tex4ht: I push all fixes we make in the tex4ht repository to
TeX Live; the latest was a few days ago. Michal Hoftich has been
regularly responding to bug reports in tex4ht, for which I am greatly
thankful. -k