Monday 9 April tl18 freeze target
2018-04-05 22:07:40 UTC
I'm hoping to completely freeze TL18 this Monday (April 9) for the usual
several days of TeX Collection DVD creation and testing. I don't know if
we'll make it, but it's my goal.

So ... anyone who wants package updates in the TL18 release,
please upload to CTAN now! --thanks, karl.
Boris Veytsman
2018-04-05 22:22:57 UTC
KB> Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2018 22:07:40 GMT
KB> ***@freefriends.org using -f
KB> From: Karl Berry <***@freefriends.org>

KB> I'm hoping to completely freeze TL18 this Monday (April 9) for the usual
KB> several days of TeX Collection DVD creation and testing. I don't know if
KB> we'll make it, but it's my goal.

I am going to release new version of acmart this weekend. Could you
please make sure it is in TL18?

Thanks!
--
Good luck

-Boris

The 357.73 Theory:
Auditors always reject expense accounts
with a bottom line divisible by 5.
Petra Ruebe-Pugliese
2018-04-06 04:34:15 UTC
Oh dear ..
Post by Karl Berry
I'm hoping to completely freeze TL18 this Monday (April 9) for the usual
several days of TeX Collection DVD creation and testing. I don't know if
we'll make it, but it's my goal.
So ... anyone who wants package updates in the TL18 release,
please upload to CTAN now! --thanks, karl.
I'm not sure _CTAN_ will be able to make it.
I hope we won't get _completely_ drowned, after this call.

Three quarters of the CTAN upload team are at present at a
DANTE meeting in Passau; the third quarter is on holiday.
I'll be on my way back home (and completely offline!) until
tomorrow around midday and then very busy catching up with
everyday life.

So I _do_ hope uploaders will be merciful ...

Best,
Petra
Denis Bitouzé
2018-04-06 05:39:58 UTC
Post by Petra Ruebe-Pugliese
Oh dear ..
Post by Karl Berry
I'm hoping to completely freeze TL18 this Monday (April 9) for the usual
several days of TeX Collection DVD creation and testing. I don't know if
we'll make it, but it's my goal.
So ... anyone who wants package updates in the TL18 release,
please upload to CTAN now! --thanks, karl.
I'm not sure _CTAN_ will be able to make it.
I hope we won't get _completely_ drowned, after this call.
Three quarters of the CTAN upload team are at present at a
DANTE meeting in Passau; the third quarter is on holiday.
I'll be on my way back home (and completely offline!) until
tomorrow around midday and then very busy catching up with
everyday life.
So I _do_ hope uploaders will be merciful ...
... or, because of the this non-availability of CTAN upload team, maybe
Karl could relax a bit the dead line?

I remembered it was on April 9, but I figured out this date was the dead
line for updating packages on CTAN. Sigh... I planned to release
3 classes by next Monday and won't be able to do it today.
Denis
Manfred Lotz
2018-04-06 06:08:04 UTC
On Fri, 6 Apr 2018 06:34:15 +0200
Petra Ruebe-Pugliese <***@ctan.org> wrote:

Post by Petra Ruebe-Pugliese
I'm not sure _CTAN_ will be able to make it.
I hope we won't get _completely_ drowned, after this call.
I'm usually quite optimistic. Therefore, I'm pretty confident that we
will manage whatever will come up.

So, in my opinion authors who want to have their newest stuff on the DVD
shouldn't hesitate to upload if it is required from their point of view.

Just my 2 Cents.
Manfred
Maïeul
2018-04-06 14:17:44 UTC
Post by Karl Berry
I'm hoping to completely freeze TL18 this Monday (April 9) for the usual
several days of TeX Collection DVD creation and testing. I don't know if
we'll make it, but it's my goal.
So ... anyone who wants package updates in the TL18 release,
please upload to CTAN now! --thanks, karl.
I have upload new version of reledpar this morning (2.21.6) and Petra
told me it has been deposed on CTAN.

Best
Karl Berry
2018-04-06 22:50:46 UTC
Karl could relax a bit the dead line?

Any deadline will be inconvenient for some.

I might install individual packages next week if it seems necessary, but
I'm not going to routinely install every update as I usually do. The
whole point is to have a few days of relatively stability to test. -k
Denis Bitouzé
2018-04-07 10:03:19 UTC
Post by Denis Bitouzé
Karl could relax a bit the dead line?
Any deadline will be inconvenient for some.
Indeed.
Post by Denis Bitouzé
I might install individual packages next week if it seems necessary, but
I'm not going to routinely install every update as I usually do.
I can understand.
Post by Denis Bitouzé
The whole point is to have a few days of relatively stability to
test. -k
Okay.
--
Denis