location of chktex files
Pablo Alfonso González Luengo
2017-12-22 13:40:04 UTC
Hello everyone, I have a small query regarding the location of the script
files "chktex", in my fedora 27 system with updated TeXLive 2017 I get the
following:
$ ls /usr/local/texlive/2017/texmf-dist/chktex/
chktexrc
$ ls /usr/local/texlive/2017/texmf-dist/scripts/chktex/
chkweb.sh deweb.pl
Is the location of "chktexrc" correct? or should it be located in
/scripts/chktex/?
Saludos
Karl Berry
2017-12-22 21:42:51 UTC
Hi Pablo,

Is the location of "chktexrc" correct?

I haven't looked at this since Peter B set it up, but I ran
strace chktex hello.tex 2>&1 | grep chktexrc
and it did indeed find texmf-dist/chktex/chktexrc. So I conclude the
answer is yes, it is in the right place (for TL; other installations
might put it somewhere else). --best, karl.
Pablo Alfonso González Luengo