BAD signature from "TeX Live Distribution <tex-live@tug.org>"
Kirk Rader
2018-10-12 20:57:39 UTC
Received the following running install-tl on Centos 7. Reporting as
requested.

# ./install-tl
query_ctan_mirror: Programs not set up, trying wget
cannot contact mirror.ctan.org, returning a backbone server!
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb
./install-tl: signature verification error of /tmp/cxT1m_X6qr/ljWCjkuN8Q
from
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb:
cryptographic signature verification of
/tmp/cxT1m_X6qr/TtkZSQRmCT
against

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb.sha512.asc
failed. Output was
gpg: Signature made Fri Oct 12 00:23:32 2018 UTC using RSA key ID 19438C70
gpg: BAD signature from "TeX Live Distribution <tex-***@tug.org>"

Please report to ***@tug.org
Norbert Preining
2018-10-15 05:27:39 UTC
Post by Kirk Rader
cannot contact mirror.ctan.org, returning a backbone server!
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb
./install-tl: signature verification error of /tmp/cxT1m_X6qr/ljWCjkuN8Q
from
That sounds very much like you are hitting a login page of the wlan, or
some other proxy that warns.

Norbert

--
PREINING Norbert http://www.preining.info
Accelia Inc. + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Developer
GPG: 0x860CDC13 fp: F7D8 A928 26E3 16A1 9FA0 ACF0 6CAC A448 860C DC13
Zdenek Wagner
2018-10-15 09:55:40 UTC
Hi all,

I do not use CentOS 7 for my regular work but I do have access to such a
machine and it is directly connected to the internet but by setting the
http_proxy variable I can force it to use squid which is under my control
so that I can view the log. When I try to install TL without proxy, it
works. If I try to use proxy, I get this error:

***@klastr1:~/texlive/install-tl-20181015$ ./install-tl
cannot contact mirror.ctan.org, returning a backbone server!
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb
./install-tl: TLPDB::from_file could not download
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb;
./install-tl: maybe the repository setting should be changed.

There is nothing in the squid log at all which means that the installer
have not tried at all.
What should I try to help you diagnose the problem?

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz
Norbert Preining
2018-10-15 10:06:10 UTC
Post by Zdenek Wagner
There is nothing in the squid log at all which means that the installer
have not tried at all.
What should I try to help you diagnose the problem?
Check which downloader is used by using -v, should be LWP.

Then you need to tell LWP to use the proxy, see man LWP:
ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variables are used by LWP:

HOME
The LWP::MediaTypes functions will look for the .media.types and .mime.types files relative to you home directory.

http_proxy
ftp_proxy
xxx_proxy
no_proxy
These environment variables can be set to enable communication through a proxy server. See the description of the
"env_proxy" method in LWP::UserAgent.

PERL_LWP_ENV_PROXY
If set to a TRUE value, then the LWP::UserAgent will by default call "env_proxy" during initialization. This makes LWP
honor the proxy variables described above.

PERL_LWP_SSL_VERIFY_HOSTNAME
The default "verify_hostname" setting for LWP::UserAgent. If not set the default will be 1. Set it as 0 to disable
hostname verification (the default prior to libwww-perl 5.840.

PERL_LWP_SSL_CA_FILE
PERL_LWP_SSL_CA_PATH
The file and/or directory where the trusted Certificate Authority certificates is located. See LWP::UserAgent for
details.

PERL_HTTP_URI_CLASS
Used to decide what URI objects to instantiate. The default is URI. You might want to set it to URI::URL for
compatibility with old times.

I faintly remember that we documented this somewhere, but that could be
improved I guess.

Norbert