adding extractpdfmark to TeXLive
Werner LEMBERG
2018-11-16 21:28:11 UTC
I suggest to add the `extractpdfmark' tool to TeXLive.

https://ctan.org/pkg/extractpdfmark

Werner
Karl Berry
2018-11-16 22:06:38 UTC
Hi Werner,

https://ctan.org/pkg/extractpdfmark

I considered this when it came in, but it requires compilation. I'm not
enthused. Since it already uses automake, it probably would not be hard
to adapt into TL, but everything takes time. If you or anyone else would
like to look into it and send me a patch including it, that would be
nice. Otherwise, maybe I'll get around to doing it eventually. (It also
seems plausible for distros to provide it.) --best, karl.
Werner LEMBERG
2018-11-16 22:22:00 UTC
Post by Karl Berry
Hi Werner,
https://ctan.org/pkg/extractpdfmark
I considered this when it came in, but it requires compilation. I'm
not enthused. Since it already uses automake, it probably would not
be hard to adapt into TL, but everything takes time.
OK.
Post by Karl Berry
If you or anyone else would like to look into it and send me a patch
including it, that would be nice.
I've CCed the author :-) As a template, can you point to a commit in
the SVN that integrates a similar package into TeXLive? I agree that
it shouldn't be too hard since it doesn't have complicated
dependencies.
Post by Karl Berry
Otherwise, maybe I'll get around to doing it eventually. (It also
seems plausible for distros to provide it.)
Indeed, but TeXLive already contains some useful tools for PS and PDF
manipulation, so I think it would be useful addition.

Werner
Karl Berry
2018-11-16 22:33:47 UTC
The last source/utils/ package I inserted was axodraw2. I doubt I
managed to incorporate it in a single commit, but svn log might report
something. Every package is different. --best, karl.