Texlive crashed
Francesco Zamboni
2017-10-27 10:29:07 UTC
Hi,

yesterday I was using TeXWork and than the program crashed while I started
the run.

It appeared a popup notification of error status 0xc0000020. Than I tried
to uninstall a re-install tex live several times, but the full scheme
always stop its installation.

Now I don't know how to fix the problem and re-install TeXLive.

Before the crash I had updated the laptop with "Cumulative update for
windows 10 Version 1709 for amd64-based Systems (KB4043961)", may it cause
this issue? How can I solve it?

I hope you had enough information in order to help me.

Thank you,

Francesco Zamboni
Francesco Zamboni
Francesco Zamboni
s***@t-online.de
2017-10-27 14:32:25 UTC
-----Original-Nachricht-----
Betreff: Re: [tex-live] Texlive crashed
Datum: 2017-10-27T16:01:53+0200
Von: "Francesco Zamboni" <***@gmail.com>
An: "tex-***@tug.org" <tex-***@tug.org>

This is the message which appears when the installation fails

On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 12:29 PM, Francesco Zamboni <***@gmail.com
<mailto:***@gmail.com> > wrote:
Hi,

yesterday I was using TeXWork and than the program crashed while I
started the run.

It appeared a popup notification of error status 0xc0000020. Than I tried
to uninstall a re-install tex live several times, but the full scheme
always stop its installation.

Now I don't know how to fix the problem and re-install TeXLive.

Before the crash I had updated the laptop with "Cumulative update for
windows 10 Version 1709 for amd64-based Systems (KB4043961)", may it
cause this issue? How can I solve it?

I hope you had enough information in order to help me.

Thank you,

Francesco Zamboni

Hello,

regarding the screenshot, it seems that your Internet connection is
struggling.

Best Regards

Siep Kroonenberg
2017-10-27 19:20:28 UTC
-----Original-Nachricht-----
Datum: 2017-10-27T16:01:53+0200
[...]
Yes. But everything I find about error 0xc0000020 indicates that
your windows is in trouble.

But if windows works nevertheless ok, I suggest that you use the
advanced installer and see whether you can install a smaller scheme.
Afterwards, you can still try to add everything else by installing
the full scheme via TeX Live Manager.
--
Siep Kroonenberg