BAD signature from "TeX Live Distribution <tex-live@tug.org>"
Add Reply
Robert Wishart
2018-10-27 06:30:27 UTC
To whom it may concern:
Recently I started receiving errors when attempting to update my TeX Live
distribution. It appears there is a problem with the PGP key used for
repository signatures and verification. Could you please let me know if
there is an updated key or a way to resolve this issue? A typical error
message is included below. Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Sincerely,
Robert Wishart

:~ $ tlmgr update --all

/usr/local/bin/tlmgr: signature verification error of
/tmp/PaVmYK8A65/G1EpGBVDUL from
https://ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb:
cryptographic signature verification of
/tmp/PaVmYK8A65/1dKrJgeb2u
against
https://ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb.sha512.asc
failed. Output was
gpg: Signature made Thu 25 Oct 2018 08:23:34 AM CST
gpg: using RSA key 4CE1877E19438C70
[ultimate]
Norbert Preining
2018-10-29 14:00:37 UTC
Hi Robert,
Post by Robert Wishart
/usr/local/bin/tlmgr: signature verification error of
/tmp/PaVmYK8A65/G1EpGBVDUL from
That is rather strange. Can you check in a browser that you get
a decent file when downloading:
https://ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb.sha512.asc
it should look like

If yes, then could it be that you are using (probably without knowing)
some proxy set by your institution?

Best

Norbert

--
PREINING Norbert http://www.preining.info
Accelia Inc. + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Developer