[tex-live] Small perl script or line to list mapfonts of a virtual font
Dr. Werner Fink
2017-10-18 07:48:30 UTC

yep, I know vftopl ... nevertheless I'd like to list only the the required
(map)fonts from the included list of a virtual font file without having the
tfm around nor any other TeX(Live) tool.

Werner
Hironobu Yamashita
2017-10-18 08:55:01 UTC
Hi Dr. Werner,

I don't know if this can help, but a C program is available;
You can obtain chkfont.c from dviout subversion
http://tug.org/svn/dviout/trunk/
and it can be easily compiled using gcc or any other C compiler.

$ chkfont jis.vf

prints

"jis.vf" is in VF format
checksum = 00000000
design size = 10485760 2^{-20} points = 10 points

Mapped Font 1
font dsize = 10485760 2^{-20} points = 10 points
font at = 0.962216
font name = rml

Best,
Hironobu Yamashita